Ben Franklin Transit snow delays and detours
(Press release courtesty Ben Franklin Transit)
Due to continued poor road conditions, Trans+Plus Night Service’s hours will be reduced from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. rather than 6:30 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. With colder temperatures expected, Night Service may also be reduced over the next few days. For updates, check the Rider Alerts section of bft.org, follow BFT on twitter, like BFT's Facebook page, or call customer service at (509) 735-5100.
BFT is on a regular schedule today. However, due to poor road conditions throughout our service area, many routes are running behind. For Dial-A-Ride passengers, the side streets are particularly dangerous and we urge you to reschedule non-essential rides and if at all possible, please stay home where it’s safe and warm.
The safety of our passengers and operators is our top priority. If you do have to go out, consider the following:
- Take an earlier trip: Buses can be slowed by road conditions and traffic; plan on your trip taking longer than normal.
- Dress warmly: Our buses are warm, but waiting at a stop can be dangerous if you’re not wearing the proper winter clothing.
- Stay on the sidewalk: Buses may slide as they approach the curb. Our operators will determine the safest place for passengers to enter and exit the bus, which may be slightly before or after the posted stop.
- Make sure we can see you: Especially if you’re riding early in the morning or in the evening. Wear light-colored clothing, wave as the bus approaches or use the light from your cell phone screen. Flashing reflector lights are also available at the customer service desk at Three Rivers Transit Center.
- Watch your step: Bus steps can be slippery from melting snow. Use the handrails and move slowly.
- Check for detours: Check out the Rider Alerts section of our website or call (509) 735-5100 to see if your route has been detoured. Conditions change rapidly, so check back often for changes.
For current snow detours, click here.